Nov 2, 2008

Cool Weather

The weather has turned. Morning temps have been in the mid 30's. The scooter starts fine. The first turn of the engine seems a bit slow (thickening of the oil I suppose), then fires right up. I ride with a Cordura jacket with a zip-in lining, leather gloves and full face helmet, so the cold is tolerable for my short ride to work. Riding a motorcycle would be less bearable because of legs being out, exposed more to the wind. The only part of me that is exposed and therefore suffers, is my neck. If my ride were any longer I'd have to wear something to cover it. So for those of you who have not ridden in such cold weather, I highly recommend it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've got a 50cc scoot (Bash). I wear a neck gaiter (longish tube of fleece like stretch material. It can be pulled up over the ears and nose as well. The neck gaiter makes a huge difference.

chinese scooter stock said...

Using of leather jacket and scooter can be great during cool weather but we need to careful when riding.