Sep 15, 2007

Turn Signals

The turn signal problem is finally resolved. I suspected the switch, so I removed the fairing to gain access to it. Here is a link that illustrates the proceedure:
http://www.crownseal.com/tank/Upper%20Fairing%20removal/index.html

After the plastic was removed I was looking hard at the switch, trying to figure out how to remove it. As I'm looking for what holds the switch in and how to work around the handle bar, I noticed a white electric connector just dangling. So I looked at the switch for wires, and guess what? No wires were connected to it. So I put the connector up to the switch and pushed till I heard the click. Now I'm thinking, there is no way the problem is this easy to fix (and I still have not had to order any replacement parts for the scooter). I test the signals and they work.

Someone who works on these for a living probably could have figured this out faster. But the scooter still has not stranded me and has cost me nothing to repair.

No comments: