Sep 6, 2007

Issues

A few issues have cropped up in the past few weeks that I should make note of.

1) A couple of weeks ago the turn signals quit working. I replaced the fuse and they worked - for a couple of days. Then they quit again. This time I replaced the fuse and the signals still did not work. I checked both fuses with my multimeter and they are good. I suspect a faulty turn signal switch, but as of now this issue is unresolved.

2) One day last week the scooter would not start. There was a click but the engine would not turn over. I checked the battery and it was a good 12.5 volts. So I hit the electric start button and kicked it at the same time and it fired right up. This problem has not recurred.

3) Today the engine started and ran fine until it warmed up. Then the idle was low and it died with the application of throttle. So I drove the car to work. At lunch I came home, fired up the scooter and it seemed fine. So I rode it to and from work and it still seems OK.

These are not major problems (at least not yet), but it's important that I document them so everyone is aware of all issues in this project.

1 comment:

Scott said...

Told you it was junk!!! Just kidding, sounds more and more like a great deal.