Jun 7, 2007

More Observations

I noticed a couple of things on my long ride last weekend. I have suspected the speedometer of being very optomistic, but Saturday I was in a lot of traffic. Most places the speed limit was 35mph. Several times I was behind cars that were maintaining a constant speed, as though they were obeying the speed limit. Each time my speedometer read about 41mph. So maybe it's not as inaccurate as I suspected. Also there was one place the speed limit was 45mph (I don't know how fast I was going but it was faster than that) and I was approaching a light as it turned red. I had to get on the brakes pretty hard. The road nearing the intersection was a rough washboard. It was pretty exciting when those bumps had me and the tires bouncing around under hard deceleration. This bike has good tires. On smooth roads this thing handles really well. I have not yet scraped any hard parts while leaning (but I'm trying), but rough roads are not it's friend.

No comments: