Jan 11, 2007

Brief Break

The weather has been cold & wet the last few days, but today it was a little nicer. At least this afternoon. No rain and over 40 degrees! So I rode the scooter the short ride to work. Very fun but also a tease. I want to ride a lot more soon, but the 10 day forcast does not look good. My only observations on this ride: the engine starts quickly and easily but for the first 30 seconds or so it sounds as though it may not stay running. Then the fast idle kicks in and all is well. On my return trip I did not wait for it to warm up enough for the idle to return to normal before riding off, but it ran great anyway.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi,
I'm enjoying reading your experiences with the new scooter, and look forward to hearing your impressions once you get more miles on it. I was wondering how loud the scooter is. For example, is it like a muffled vacuum cleaner, or angry weed whacker? Just wondering if they go to the limit on allowable noise to get the most power out of the motor.